November ’99 – Present
Web/Content Developer and Programmer/Analyst
BQMI, DB Consulting Group, Inc., QinetiQ North America (f.k.a. Analex Corporation), & Zin Technologies
NASA Glenn Research Center, Cleveland, OH
- Support ongoing development and maintenance of Glenn Research Center websites under the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), maintaining WordPress content management system, providing ongoing user training and support, performing regular testing of new and existing tools. Promoted to lead of the OCIO web services team in 2019.
- Maintain and test curated websites to be compliant with Section 508 accessibility guidelines.
- Fully support NASA alliance sites, from code updates to content and design, notably ICNS Conference and Interagency Advanced Power Group (IAPG).
- Created and coordinated content and design for project displays and outreach materials for ICNS Conference and other events as needed.
- Managed $100K budgets and lead support for conferences and events, including the NASA ICNS Conference 2001-2006 and Weather Accident Prevention at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh.
July ’97 – June ’99
Cleveland Live (Cleveland.com), Cleveland , OH
- Delegated direction of daily homepage content and graphics of this online guide to Cleveland.
- Maintained multiple site projects and content alliances, including an early version of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame website.
- Guided priorities for news, sports and entertainment producers, as well as for programmers and graphic designers.
May ’96 – June ’97
Director of New Media
Alternative Press Magazine (Altpress.com), Cleveland, OH
- Managed company’s entrance into website development by negotiating contracts and fees with site developers, planning budgets for site set-up and maintenance, and obtaining clearances and rights for content.
July ’89 – May ’96
Alternative Press Magazine, Cleveland, OH
- Supervised editorial staff of national, monthly, new-music magazine on a conservative budget.
- Shaped editorial focus and worked closely with all departments to help triple circulation to 75,000 copies.
- Delegated assignments among nationwide base of freelance writers, maintaining an average schedule of 65 editorial pages per issue.
Achievement Award, 2001-2006: Presented for excellent planning and dedication in making the NASA ICNS Conference an outstanding success.
NASA Aviation Safety and Security Program Award, Sept. 2005: For outstanding contributions to aviation weather safety research and development (website development, event planning, outreach support).
Zin Technical Excellence Award, Dec. 2003: Demonstrating outstanding leadership and ability to successfully manage multiple projects while meeting all deliverables with website development and conference planning.
Relevant Software Experience
Versatile with current Adobe programs (Dreamweaver, Acrobat, Illustrator) to facilitate web content development, with proven success in guiding peers and clients in site maintenance self-sufficiency with content management systems such as WordPress.
B.A. English: Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio